Classified as an industrial design project, this sample showcases the application of art principles to improve aesthetics, ergonomics, functionality and usability of a product.
Conceptually, this ongoing project is to explore the cultural value of the "car" and to celebrate the spirit of progressive transportation design behind the "24 Hours of Le Mans" of France and North America.
- Design a Le Mans-style endurance LM GTE Pro Category racer with influence from classic LMP2 models
- Clean and minimal styling cues - focusing on a streamlined flow of lines and Gestalt principles.
- Exhibit nationally / regionally
- Lighting simulation (refraction and reflection) with caustics, global illumination, final gather, and ambient occlusion
- Images: 3D renders; post work - none
- Modeling type: polygon; proxy modeling
- Viewing context / intended camera angles: extreme wide to close up shots
- Poly count: high density / project intended for fine detail (poly count a non-factor)
- Texturing: procedural and 2D painted textures; 512 x 512, 1024 x 1024, 8-bit texture dimensions
- Software / tools: Maya, Mental Ray, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Asset production (design, 2D graphics, 3D graphics, printing, and exhibition install): Phil Delacruz