Updating Our Tools -- Part 1
We've recently upgraded our creation tools, namely on the computer end. We chose Alienware's Area 51 R2 model with topped out specs.
Our aim is to utilize the latest high-end equipment conducive to providing top-tier production systems for 3d asset creation (over the long term), to have optimum testing capabilities in high and low end scenarios, and to enable high performance in peak settings during gaming testing scenarios. The Area 51 will replace our previous Alienware Aurora and Dell workstations.
With this new technology, we reboot our production capabilities.
As you may be familiar, the Area 51 R2 has an innovative tower design - its unique triangular shape is designed for ideal heat dissipation/air cooling pathways, more hardware space, and much easier hardware accessibility. On the outside it honestly looks quite alien, and it's quite larger than was expected - but simply exciting to unpack.
Sample images of Area 51 (as well as comparison images with Aurora):
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- Centauri CPU heatsink
- 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
- Triple 12GB GDDR5 NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 980 SLI(TM)
- 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage
- Windows 8.1 (64Bit)
- Optical Drive : Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BD-ROM, DVD/RW, CD-RW)
- Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 @ 5GHz + Bluetooth
- Alienware(TM) 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
- Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor - U2412M
- ROCCAT PC Gaming Bundle - Includes Isku FX Multicolor Gaming Keyboard, Kone XTD Gaming Mouse, and Sense-Chrome High Prec